Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To play, or not to play? That is THE question.


Should Ilya Kovalchuk play against the New York Rangers on Thursday at Madison Square Garden??

Or do you give a big thumbs down to that idea??

**UPDATED** Apparently, this question has already been answered as our team doctor has wisely advised Kovy to sit this one out against the hated Rangers. As a source, I give unto you:
Earlier this morning at Philips, Kovy skated during the warm-up portion of practice, but suddenly left the ice after apparently aggravating the soreness in his injured foot; as he made his way off the ice, he was shaking his head and mumbling some things in the general direction of the team's Assistant Trainer.
Now we are left to wonder if Kovy jumped the gun in returning to the ice too soon. We probably should not expect him to play in the game Friday either, but as we know, Kovy is a true warrior and he will look to return perhaps as early as Sunday against the Edmonton Oilers. As I explained before this blog post was updated, I see no reason for the Kaptain to rush back into service when there is a full slate of home games, 5 in a row post-Big Apple romp, at the Bulb starting Friday, the 13th against the LA Kings.
Since hockey players are generally superstitious, I would think that Kovy prefers returning to action on a date other than that of 11/13. And while most accounts say that no further damage can be done to this non-weight bearing bone, why risk it? I say let him play on Sunday after a few more days of rest in the comfort of his own home IF AND ONLY IF there is no swelling in the foot and minimal pain after skating again on Friday or Saturday. But then again, I am no doctor and I can only refer you to the expertise and wisdom of Dr. Razor Catch Prey at The Blueland Chronicle ---> http://bluelandchronicle.blogspot.com/2009/11/update-on-czar.html

In the meantime, I reckon it might be a good idea to call-up the irrepressible Joey Crabb. Why do you ask?

Jus' cuz I feel like gettin' "crabby" wit it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say let him rest, I say he needs to MAN UP, strap on his skates and get out there to kick some puckin' ass!!!

j_barty_party said...

Thanks for the drive by QLC-girl!! How in the world are you doing? You need to come see us in Atlanta sometime! Are you still blogging?

Take it easy!

Mortimer Peacock said...

Can I annex that photo of the Czar for future use?

j_barty_party said...

Only if you can help me figure out why my paragraph spacing is all effed up no matter how many times I try to edit the damn thing!

j/k, you're more than welcome to it. I must tell you that we stole it from some chick on flickr.com...perhaps a photo credit is in order? Nah! What am I thinkin?!

Daculafan said...

I'm kinda on the fence about the Kaptain...I want him back but I just want to make sure he's in good order. I think we've shown with our goal output while he was gone that his offense, though missed, isn't completely critical to the success of this team. I think he'll be back on Friday...you have to remember, superstitious as hockey players are..Kovy is no mere hockey player..he is the Czar and he laughs in the face of superstition