Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ride the Lightning or Die (Metaphorically)


Yes it's trite, but the Thrashers don't really do much other than anger me of late. My suggestion: they all listen to an hour of Metallica songs from Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and Kill 'em All before the game tonite in an attempt to channel their inner "monster" for the contest against Tampa. No matter what the line-up is or how JA shuffles the lines again (Kozlov finally sits and we resume our "musical line-combos" game), each and every player needs to play like "some kind of monster" in order to vanquish the Bolts and, in the process, electrify their fans. On second thought, it's gonna take a lot more than a win over the Dolts, but it would be a start...especially if they knock the ol' Nitty-"monkey" off their backs finally.

Guilty as charged...but damn it, it ain't right...someone else controlling me;

Death is in the air, strapped in the electric chair...this can't be happening to me

Boys, it's time to escape the electric chair and take back your destiny.

2 comments:

Daculafan said...

I love old school Metallica...maybe if they played this stuff instead of Lady Gaga (aka Lady Gag me)at the warm ups they'd be pumped up with enough adrenaline to beat some body

j_barty_party said...

Thank Russell for your very insightful and well-thought comments...keep 'em comin'!

Dac - no doubt man...the dance music made my ears bleed last night as I headed down to 111; I don't think I've ever heard the music in there so loud. So now it's loud and lousy. Hardly what should pump up a hockey player.